This post title brought to you by the late Chumbawumba. Did you guys all seriously know they were a band until two days ago, still? And they apparently broke up? And now the internetz is going crazy over it.
So, wow, I pretty much let almost an entire month go by without writing here, which is real bad news, but to be fair, the following things have been happening:
1) I have been watching The Bachelorette.
2) I have been reading Game of Thrones.
3) I have been planning trips to Lake Como and Milan (next weekend), Paris (in August, to celebrate ten years of annoying the crap out of each other), Munich in October (yes, exactly what you’re thinking), and Greece in September.
4) We actually kind of have friends now and we’ve been going out a lot. Weird!
5) The weather has been absolute shit. Again. I woke up this morning and there was sun shining into the living room and I felt shock.
6) We’ve been putting together new IKEA furniture.
So what this all means is that A) I have lots of photos to upload and will do so shortly, and B) I think we can finally do a whole house tour!
One last really important thing, is that we finally had all of our shoes delivered to us, which was great. Not that I generally have much use for gold Michael Kors heels, but it’s nice to know they’re there if I want them. But it was also really fun because it was like opening presents! Aside from some knitting, and the shoes, we didn’t expect anything else. So when four boxes showed up, I was sort of worried. But it turns out they were almost entirely packed with things we had meant to arrive here, and didn’t realize were missing. (Which I’d guessed was going to happen, because there was pretty much ZERO way they could have screwed anything up because our house was organized so perfectly for the movers.) So we got our “pretty” laundry basket, for one. Some little mini golf set of Chris’s. And, possibly the biggest thing that was screwing with my head without me even realizing it: three dish towels. I cannot tell you how baffled I have been about how quickly we’ve been running through dish towels. And I could not figure out why. Turns out it’s cause we only had half of them, and we have been so unsettled I DIDN’T EVEN REALIZE THAT. I know what you’re all thinking right now, and no, I am not ashamed that I felt off-kilter because I was missing dish towels, or that I am publicly explaining it.
I swear things have been more exciting and fun than this makes it sound.